VMware Horizon Mirage is a layered image-management solution that separates a desktop,laptop, or virtual endpoint into logical layers that are owned and managed by either your IT organization or the end user. You can update IT-managed layers while maintaining end-user files and personalization.
To maximize end-user productivity, snapshots and backups of layered endpoint images enable quick recovery or rollback in case of failure.
With today’s release of VMware Horizon Mirage 4.4 a few new features have been added:
- Supports for Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 disaster recovery:
- Restore lost, stolen, or broken beyond repair desktops and laptops with the Windows 8.0 or 8.1 operating systems. Additionally, disaster recovery can revert to previous snapshots, and can manage self-service file-level restores and file portal support.
- Supports hardware refresh scenarios to restore a Windows 7 CVD on a new Windows 8
- Horizon Mirage Edge Server:
- A secured gateway that is deployed outside the Mirage data center environment, enabling end users to connect to the Mirage servers through corporate networks without the use of VPN.
- Fast Windows 7 Migration:
- Migration without uploading endpoint files and data
- Easy upgrade for Horizon View with Mirage:
- Easy 2-step View agent upgrade from Horizon View 5.3 to future releases using Horizon Mirage base or app layer technology removing the need for third party tools to upgrade the View agent
- Web Console and File portal security enhancements:
- From Horizon Mirage 4.4 on, these two portals only support SSL connections as an additional security layer to prevent from transmitting sensitive user data over the network
Horizon Mirage documentation page
Horizon Mirage Product Evaluation Center Page