Since VMware Horizon 6.2 a new functionality has been introduced to be able to log in to your VDIs and RDSH applications using the Touch ID on iPhones and iPads.
This feature is only supported with Horizon 6.2 when using Horizon Client 3.5. The mobile device must also be running IOS 8 or later and obviously have the Touch ID hardware present.
This functionality is however not enabled by default, but it is very easy to enable the functionality:
- Open ADSI Edit on any connection server
- Connect to the View ADAM database (See VMware KB 2012377)
- Open the object DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int
- Go to Properties – Global – Common
- Edit Attribute “pae-ClientConfig” attribute
- Add the value “BioMetricsTimeout=-1”
There is no need to restart the connection server. The settings are active immediately.
See also VMware Horizon View 6.2 Documentation
Also added as an item in my blog post VMware Horizon View – Settings I should not forget