S.M.A.R.T. is a utility which allows you to read the status of a hard drive. SMART stands for Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology.
Below are commands that can be used to check the status of the SATADOM on an ESXi node:
- Open a putty session to the ESXi node
- Log in
- Execute the command esxcli storage core device list to get the list of storage devices on the host
- Execute the command esxcfg-scsidevs -l | grep SATADOM | egrep ‘^t10’ to get the name of the SATADOM
- Execute the command ./iSMART -d OUTPUT_OF_PREVIOUS_COMMAND -v 2
- Execute the command esxcli storage core device smart get -d OUTPUT_OF_PREVIOUS_COMMAND